Here is everything you will need or potentially need when venturing out to the Wendelful Life Ranch. These suggestions have been compiled over time from client feedback, often starting with, “wish I had remembered to bring…”
ATVs and 4-wheel-drive vehicles are welcome for romping around as are RVs and campers for staying overnight.
Don’t forget to throw in some apples for the horses (they will be your best friend)!
we ask all patrons to bring:
- Wild bird seed
- Grass seed
This aids in erosion control when hand digging, personal screening, large screen digging, or simply hiking around.
FOR ARTIFACT HUNTING:
- Wiggle picks
- Tools such as hand rakes, trowels, shovels, hoes, and pick axes
- Buckets or bags for collecting rocks and other treasures
- Shade canopy or umbrella
- Hats, sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Light clothing and comfortable shoes
- More buckets!
GREAT FOR ANY VISIT:
- Lots of drinking water and ice!
- Food and snacks
- Walking sticks
- Hiking boots or snake boots
- Side arm for protection
- Water socks
- Inner tubes / floats
- Fishing poles and earthworms
- Musical instruments
- Plenty of apples for the horses!
FOR A CABIN STAY:
- Blow up mattress or cot (if you need to sleep more than our pull out couch will accommodate)
- Extra towels (we provide a few)
- Items listed to the left for artifact hunting, hiking, fishing, and swimming!
FOR PRIMITIVE CAMPING:
- Shade canopy or umbrella
- Hammock, cot, and/or mattress (don’t forget an air compressor if it’s blow up!)
- 5 gallon bucket with a pool noodle and toilet paper for a latrine
- Hand saw for firewood (but you won’t need to bring any wood)
- Grill or grate for cooking on the fire
- Eating utensils
- Telescope and/or binoculars
- Flashlights or lanterns
- Disinfectant wipes
What is your favorite gear for
Let us know in the comments below!
Camp table and chairs
We are wanting to make your place one of our girls trips. We usually stay in a airBnB. Maybe you have one to suggest to us
When the weather gets a little cooler is our favorite time to hunt. And explore.
I make our creek bags that we like to carry I will have to post a picture of them. I have sold a few. Let me know if you might be interested in them.
I think we are wanting to come hang out for a couple of days at your place. Fort of November.
This is a same important post. Thanks for posting this. Di Moshe Rubio
Exactly what I was searching for, thank you for putting up. Ariel Sanford Sihunn
I have been examinating out a few of your posts and i can state nice stuff. I will surely bookmark your blog. Lulu Silvio Gilliette
Thanks-a-mundo for the blog article. Really looking forward to read more. Great. Bevvy Martyn Willa